Restorative Chiropractic Adjustments for Lakewood Residents
When patients visit Vital Family Chiropractic, they often have preconceived notions about what chiropractors do and who should visit them. In most cases people think we only treat patients who experience pain or traumatic injury, but many are surprised to hear that we offer a variety of effective healing options for kids, expectant mothers, athletes, and patients with chronic and systemic illness. Contact our Lakewood, WA practice to find out more or schedule an assessment.
Vitalism is our chiropractic philosophy because we fully understand that relief from pain does not necessarily mean patients are “cured.” Dr. Julie Peterson and her skilled team are happy to answer your questions, and we’re here to help when you need us. The goal of vitalistic chiropractic is three fold:
- Create a plan to achieve and maintain the ideal alignment and optimal position and function of the nervous system in order to achieve 100% function.
- Allow the brain and the body to communicate unimpeded so that all cells and tissues may work properly.
- Patients’ bodies are able to function at the highest levels and grow stronger and healthier each day.
Subluxation is a big word with a simple meaning. Subluxation occurs anytime the spinal column is out of alignment triggering interference with the nervous system, which may lead to pain, limited motion, potential interference with every organ and cell causing a variety of health concerns. When the vertebrae are out of alignment, the discs between them begin to wear down or develop hernias, which puts additional pressure on the parts of the CNS where the nerves are located. When this happens, pain may occur that is localized over the vertebrae or a number of whole body health concerns could arise. Less than 10% of the CNS is responsive to sensory perception, and pain or discomfort is only triggered in as little as 3% of the CNS. That means, when patients experience pain, the subluxation may be severe. The spinal column is broken into five main components and (subluxation) or misalignment of vertebrae in any one section can be connected to a number of possible concerns.
- Cervical spine – headaches, anxiety, insomnia, migraines, high blood pressure, dizziness, blindness, fainting, acne, eczema, hearing loss, throat conditions, tonsillitis, neck pain
- Thoracic Spine – asthma, hand and arm pain, heart conditions, bronchitis, pneumonia, influenza, gall bladder disease, shingles, liver disease, fever, anemia, arthritis, digestive issues, ulcers, kidney disease, skin conditions, sterility
- Lumbar Spine – hernias, digestive disorder, difficulty breathing, varicose veins, bladder control issues, irregular menstruation, miscarriage, bed wetting, impotency, knee pain, sciatica, back pain, poor leg circulation, ankle swelling and leg cramps
- Sacrum – spinal curvatures, sacroiliac joint disease
- Coccyx – hemorrhoids, itching, pain or discomfort while seated
Benefits of Optimal Function
It may seem clear that the benefits of achieving optimal vertebral alignment is avoiding all of the above health concerns, but in addition to this obvious advantage, maintaining ideal spinal alignment has the following benefits:
- Clear communication between mind and body allowing for pain, stress, and impediment-free bodily function
- Improved strength, immunity, and flexibility
- Faster healing when damage does occur
- Reduced risk for serious health concerns
Headache & Migraine